Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope this day finds each of you happy, healthy, and optimistic. I am away from my family, but I am feeling happy.  I am having a Sci-Fi nerdathon! I am watching all my favorite science fiction movies: Star Trek, the Matrix, Star Wars, and maybe Battle Los Angeles.

Got some worrisome news yesterday: My grandfather, Richard Albaugh, fell and broke his hip and femur. He also sustained a mild concussion.  This morning he successfully underwent surgery to repair the damage.  My Grandpa is a tough old guy, and I hope that I can be so healthy when I am 93!

The past week has been full of injury for my family.  Last Saturday I was on my way back from a ride and had a little crash. I was attempting to make a U-turn on Sunbeam Rd, when my front wheel lost traction. I took a hard fall on my noodle and in the process, bruised: my sternum, both knees, and left shoulder; hyper-extended my right shoulder, and suffered a mild concussion.  It could have been much worse in that, I was able to turn my head before impacting the road.  If I had not, I surely would have lost my teeth and my nose. I went to the hospital to get checked out and all was good.  I was sure everything was, but I wanted to make sure.  After all, I do get free care at the Naval hospital.

I have started keeping a training log so that I can keep track of my weekly mileage, , kind of workout, ride distance, and how I'm feeling.
                         
I think that is about it for today.  Be good to each other, and keep the rubber-side on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment